My Blog Avatar

My Avatar

This is my Blog Avatar. It is a girl. I have dark coloured hair, and it kind of looks like me. This is how I made it:

Step 1, the website: The website I used to make my Blog Avatar was Dream Avatar. <- It will take a little while to load, so be patient.

Step 2, Customizing your Avatar: Clicking on the skin will change it. So click on the colour you would like, there is Female Avatars and Male Avatars. Choose the gender you would like. There is a few tabs on top of the skins that say: ‘Body, Hair, Eyes, Mouth, Items and Outfits. Select the things you would like on your avatar until you get ‘Items’.  There are tabs on the side. It is best to just stay with the one you have. Down the bottom you can search items. Just search what you would like on it.

Step 3, Saving your avatar: Select the button ‘Save’. Right click on the Avatar and save it. Now there is lots of ways to do this bit, but I will do the one that I think is easy. Go onto paint. Open your Avatar up. Click the select icon and select the head and bit of body, that has the shape of a square. Take it and put it in the corner, but so you can still see it all. Take the little square in the corner and drag it up so you can just see your square shaped avatar.  Now save it as a JPEG.

Step 4, Putting it on your Blog: Go to your Blog Dashboard. Scroll down to settings and go to Blog Avatar. Put the picture up and click ‘Alternative Upload’. Now go to widgets. If you already have a blog avatar widget. Take it off and put it back. Now go back to your blog. If its not there, it will load later.

Now You Have an Avatar!

3 thoughts on “My Blog Avatar

1. Hi Grace!
    I like how you explained that! I am doing the blogging challenge too! (as you probably know) and you put as an interest netball. I like netball too! ( as you probably know!)
    fROM Gabby

2. Pingback: Visit these – Sept 2011 Week 2 : Challenge Yourself to Blog

3. Hi Grace!
    I am an EDM310 student at the University of South Alabama. We are learning about technology in the classroom and how it will help us be better teachers.
    I wanted to tell you that I am very impressed with your Avatar. She is so cute and you did an amazing job. You also did a good job of explaining (step by step) how you created her. You should be very proud of yourself!
    Your entire blog is great! I can see that you have put a lot of time and effort into it. Keep up the good work, Grace!
    Robin Hendricks